The Flotrex PN (FPN) microfiber filters offer an economical solution for your filtration needs. The all polypropylene construction of the FPN filters provides superior chemical compatibility. The gradient density, thermally bonded polypropylene media has excellent dirt holding capacities and reliable retention characteristics. FPN filters do not contain any adhesives or additives.
FPN filters are an economical alternative to membrane filters in a broad range of applications, Including:
• Filtration of liquid polymers, coatings, and inks
• Filtration of bulk chemicals
• Beer trap filtration
• Post Carbon bed and DI bed filtration
• Pre-filtration to protect expensive final filters
• Flotrex PN filters may be autoclaved or in situ steam sterilized (up to 257°F [125°C], 30-minute cycles) for a maximum accumulated exposure of 10 hours. Alternately, the filters may be sanitized with compatible chemical agents.
• GE certifies that the material contained in its Flotrex PN pleated filters meet U.S. FDA requirements for food contact under the applicable regulations in 21 CFR. For further information, contact GE technical services. Flotrex PN filters meet the test criteria for USP class VI- 121°C Plastics.
• Aqueous extracts from Flotrex PN filters contain less that 0.25 EU/ml. The filters typically exhibit low levels of non-volatile residues.
• GE filter cartridges are designed and manufactured for resistance to a wide range of chemical solutions. Conditions will vary with each application and users should carefully verify chemical compatibility. Please contact your GE distributor for more information.